Chapter 4

The Wedding 

 
Paul went home from the hospital the next day.  The doctors were amazed at his recovery.  The whole family gave God the glory and openly praised Him for all he had done.

Margie talked the kids into staying a few days so they could get to know their future daughter-in-law.  There was an immediate bond between them.  Mary Ann's dad had died when she was just a toddler so she'd never known the joy of having a dad.  She and Paul hit it off so fast that Margie and Jason teased dad that he finally had that little girl he'd always wanted.  Margie had wanted to have more children but she had such a hard time delivering Jason that he doctor recommended her tubes be tied when he was born.  Mary Ann was like a breath of fresh air to them.  The women spent hours talking about the wedding and Mary Ann couldn't wait to introduce her mom to the Jamison's.  She was anxious to get all the wedding plans made and she wanted both mom's to be involved.

On their way back home, JJ and Mary Ann talked about the wedding and how they looked forward to their lives together.  They decided on a date and Mary Ann suggested they write their own vows.  JJ was a little worried about that but he had six months to think about it.

The youth choir was thrilled when they came to them together to tell them about their engagement and to ask them to sing at their wedding.  Even though it isn't a wedding song, they wanted them to sing He Touched Me.  This song had so much meaning to them, it was the song Mary Ann was playing when they met, and she played it again the day he asked her to be his bride.  It was and always would be their favorite song.  They wanted another one sung too, one that was more of a wedding song.  So they asked them to do "Wind Beneath My Wings," they both liked that a lot and it was what they were to each other.  Always there for support when ever it was needed.

It was a beautiful day in May when they got married.  The church was full, everyone loved them.  As Jason stood at the altar waiting for his bride, so many things were going through his mind.  He remembered how beautiful she looked that first day they met and how she played the piano better than anyone he'd ever heard.  He thought about the years they had worked together and how they had always depended on God to bring them through all their circumstances.  He thought about how the youth group had grown with the two of them working together, and how he loved to sing when she played, yes, they were quite a team and he knew how blessed he was to have her in his life.

The Bride's maids and their escorts had taken their places when he heard the sound of the wedding march.  He looked up and his heart skipped a beat, there had never been a bride so beautiful and radiant as she.  His dad was walking her down the aisle.  As he took Mary Ann's hand and placed it in his son's, he knew this was God's plan in action.  The choir sang  He Touched Me, then Jason began to speak,  "Mary Ann, from the day we met, I knew this day would come.  The day when I would wait for you at this altar.  The same altar where we've prayed together so many times.  I remember the first time we knelt here and asked God for guidance in the ministry He had entrusted to us.  I remember the day at this very altar, I asked you to marry me, and you said yes.  Now at this altar, I promise you that you will forever be the love of my life, second only to God.  I will be a good husband to you, I know I can do that because I will always keep God first and never let the romance die.

Mary Ann held back the tear that was trying to escape, she had to smile at what he had said, because her vow was so much the same.   She started speaking in her soft, sweet voice that Jason loved so much, "Jason, my mother prayed from the day I was born that God would place the right man in my life, at the right time.  I'm satisfied that He answered her prayer the day we met.  I will be a good wife to you, you will be second in my life, but only to God and it's for that reason, I can make this promise to you.  We will keep God first and never let the romance die."

The youth choir sang Wind Beneath My Wings , they did the traditional vows and exchanged rings. Jason heard Pastor Jackson saying, "You may kiss your bride."  His heart almost burst with love for his Mary Ann and he wondered how he could ever of been so blessed but was so thankful that he was.  He lifted her veil and kissed her ever so gently and smiled at her and said, "I will love you forever."  She couldn't hold that tear back any longer, it slid down her face as she told him her love for him would be forever too.

When all the pictures had been taken and the reception was over, all the well wishers had wished them all the best, they were finally alone, and on their way to that little mountain resort where they would honeymoon for a week.  Their days were spent walking along a babbling brook, picnics in the sun and getting used to sharing their lives.  They learned that first night how precious it is to save yourself for the one you marry, and how there is no other feeling in the world like that of lying in the arms of the one you love, talking to your heavenly father.  They asked Him that night to bless their marriage, to bless their love life, and to help them to always keep Him first and never let the romance die.

Title Page

Next